>My Soldier has been bugging me for a while to make Ribs- which is problematic because I emphatically do not like commercial BBQ sauce. He likes his ribs SMOTHERED in BBQ sauce.
I might have found a compromise. Country Style bone in beef ribs were on sale today at the commissary for 1.29/lb so I picked up two packs of about 4 lbs each. This is my first Rib experiment. It isn’t ready yet, but the house sure smells good.
Lemon Pepper Ribs
4 lbs beef or pork ribs
2 tbsp garlic powder
2 tbsp kosher salt
2 tbsp black pepper
juice of lemons
1. Cut the ribs to fit your stoneware.
2. In a small bowl, combine the garlic powder, salt and pepper. Rub the ribs with the dry mixture, covering all sides.
3. Put the ribs into the slow cooker. If you have extra seasoning, sprinkle it on top.
4. Juice lemons onto the ribs.
5. Cover and Cook on low for 7 to 10 hours, or on high for about 5 hours.
I ended up really liking this recipe. The Soldier did too, although not quite as much as the traditional Memphis BBQ shows that he keeps DVR’ing. This will definitely be a do-again.