>Another day of slow cooked dinner. Talking to a pregnant friend a couple days ago I advised her to become good friends with a Crockpot. This thing is the only reason that I have a real meal some days. I can get it going while the Monkey is napping and let it cook away no matter what kind of mood he’s in when he wakes up. Today’s recipe is a new one.
Cream Cheese Chicken
6 naked chicken breast halves
2 tablespoons Italian Seasoning (or mix Parsley, Oregano, Basil)
1/2 teaspoon celery seed
1 tablespoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 garlic gloves, minced
1 tablespoon sugar
1 can condensed cream of something (I used Mushroom) Soup.
1 8 oz block cream cheese
1. Lay chicken breasts in slow cooker.
2. Combine seasonings and sugar in a small bowl and pour on top of chicken.
3. Add Cream of Something Soup to slow cooker.
4. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or until the chicken is cooked through.
5. Shred cooked chicken with two forks and stir in cream cheese.
6. Switch slow cooker to high and cook for 30 minutes or until the cream cheese has fully melted.
I served this with pasta- spinach shells and mixed in some frozen peas along with the cream cheese. It was good…along the lines of a chicken stroganoff. Will definitely make it again.